My parents are big tea fans so their tea cosy (left) has taken a bit of a battering over the years.
I decided to spruce it up with a layer of my 2CV fabric (below).
And here’s the revamped tea cosy, resplendent with its little cars!
Here are my most recent home sewing projects: making cushion covers from light cotton canvas fabric that I’d had digitally printed with my illustrations.
This one (left) features a white on black version of my extra large cockerel circle design.
The two covers on the right feature my Two-Tone 2CV design, measure 50 x 30cm and have a zip closure.
Click here to contact me about prices and availability.
This fabric design evolved from a stencil project I started in 2012,
since when Mr Cockerel has adorned numerous hard and soft surfaces.
Last year I spent many happy hours in the Photoshop turning the original image (above) into several repeating patterns (below)
the last of which got made into a baby cushion in light cotton canvas.
I’ve been really keen to make myself an item of cockerel clothing ever since, so I ordered custom printed fabric samples in several cottons until I was totally happy with the size and colour of the design, and then got cracking with sewing an A-line skirt.
It’s had a very enthusiastic reception and I’m cock-a-hoop!
A few months ago I had some fabric samples printed with a few of my designs. I was recently inspired to make these into bunting and cushions to show alongside the digital prints on paper of the same designs which I’m currently exhibiting in the beautiful tea room Chokolata in Vejer de la Frontera.
Here is a cockerel (which started out as a stencil on wood) being sewn with a contrasting border prior to his edges being frayed.
Here is the finished bunting hanging at home. To see photos of the bunting at the exhibition click here
I also made bunting from the fabric sample printed with my 2CV design (which evolved from my ‘7 Days’ illustration project).
Click here to see the bunting at my exhibition.
Here are the cushions.
I backed my printed fabric samples with contrasting velvet, cotton and corduroy to make them go further.
The Dragonfly pattern also evolved from my ‘7 Days’ illustration project.
To see photos of the cushions at my art exhibition in Chokolata click here