I found this poor deceased little fella on the roof terrace yesterday morning and was struck by his dynamic pose so I decided to paint him.
Monthly Archives: May 2017
I just made myself this dress with fabric printed with a version of the dragonfly design I made back in 2014.
I uploaded my design to the Woven Monkey website and they printed it onto a lightweight cotton.
It’s the first dress I’ve ever made; patterns give me the heebeegeebees so I cut round one of my favourite dresses and made the rest up as I went along.
It was also the first time I’ve used bias binding as I’d previously imagined it to be a right faff but there really is no other way to neatly finish neck and armholes. I watched a couple of tutorials on YouTube and bit the bias binding bullet; it’s actually quite straightforward and I’ll definitely be using it more in the future.
Here’s me doing ‘catalogue’ poses in Cádiz this week, during the dress’s first outing.